Friday, January 27, 2012

Keep your word

Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Look the world straight in the eye. Live and work with honesty, openness and integrity; keep your promises, and everything else is a piece of cake

Almost seven years ago now I made the decision to hide from myself. I did this with so much success I am still figuring out what I had gotten myself into. I didn't realize what it would do to me, this hiding. I couldn't face the consequences. I couldn't look others in the eyes and tell them lies. A piece of me broke that day and I've never stopped trying to fix it.

Life hasn't been a piece of cake. By far, my life has had the severe mood swings of a drug addict trying to come clean. So many times I thought about coming out of hiding. Instead I drank far too much, never stayed in one place, pushed others away. I even thought of ending my life. Because I couldn't face myself and in that I couldn't see myself being around others.

I'm definitely learning the process of keeping promises. Especially to myself. I am worthy of so many things if I only let myself have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment