Saturday, February 7, 2015

Raise! and a little bit of all over the place

I got a raise! I've been wanting to share it all day but I haven't seen anyone, other than Jen. It's significant and will, hopefully mean I'm not trying to get overtime in my free time. Although I probably will try to put in extra time, just to make myself a little more comfortable.

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do when I have to do my internship next spring. I know, I know, it's almost a year away. But I realized there's no way to navigate working full time, put in 16+hours at my internship, and have class. Even I know that's crazy and I'm someone who has doubled up on classes to the point where I'm a full time student twice over. I think my supervisor and the director will work with me though, because they really know my work ethic and I think they'd want to keep me.

This week has been hard on the emotions. I've had for real crying sessions three times. I did start my period and I'm notorious for having bad premenstrual issues. But I'm also dealing with getting my needs met by my fiance. We have a fundamental difference in needs and it's getting to me. I need touch and she doesn't. I don't know what to do with that because I can't get married to someone who can't touch me. But, we are in couples therapy so I'm hoping to see some real change. I don't know how long I should wait to see changes. But I will wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment