Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Learning to Laugh

I have tripped over my own feet.
I have tripped over other people's feet
I have asked where the 'you are here' sign is on a portable map.
I have also gotten to a place and forgotten how I got there.
I have asked where the ingredient list is on a package of peanuts.
One time I 'accidently' stole a shirt from a store and it had the saying 'live free'
Incidentally, I have many more examples along each of these story lines.

I tend to be accidentally funny; I say things in such a way people can't help but laugh.

But, it wasn't until I could to start to 'laugh' at myself that life got better. If I could see the humor in my own life happenings I could have compassion on other people's embarrassing moments. When I learned to embrace what I had previously been flabbergasted by I learned to appreciated my own imperfections.

We are all perfectly imperfect. We are all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment